There are many pieces of advice you will receive from a professional sleeping consultant, and they will be okay. Try all of them. Some are:
- Go to bed when you are sleepy. Not before, only because you think it is time to go to bed.
- Find the right amount of sleep for you. Some people are fine with 5-7 hours, and others need 6–8 or even 8-10 hours. Albert Einstein reportedly slept for at least 10 hours/day.
- If you can’t sleep, do something different and more mindless, read a book, go for a walk, try meditating, sing some songs, do housework, but don’t force yourself to sleep.
- Don’t take your cell phone to bed with you. Choose flight mode more often.
- Find the best spot in your room to put up your bed, facing the outside, or open space, away from other people in the house. Avoid sleeping head to head with other people in your home or the same building, like in a hotel.
- Make your bed every day yourself, so it is comfortable, clean, and looks inviting.
- Don’t expose yourself to bright light the last 2 hours before you go to bed. Instead, dim your lights and do something calming.
- Watch your nutrition. Don’t consume caffeine, alcohol, sugar, or high fructose corn syrup in the last 4 hours before you go to bed.
- Don’t overload yourself with information. Your mind will work on it.
- A hot shower or physical exercise before you go to bed can be relaxing for one. For another, it will stimulate blood circulation and increase adrenalin, which will make you even more awake. Find out what type you are.
But this is only half the truth, and you will only be able to tell if you try and search for the truth yourself. The quality of your sleep is mostly your achievement. Read the last blog on how you can improve your sleep if you have already tried everything mentioned above. Click here: https://satisfied-being.com/sleep3/